I love Brazil for its beauty and its beauties, the friendliness, the climate, the food and the opportunities it offers. I thought I’d make a list of a few reasons why you should check it out if you haven’t already. In no particular order:
1. Carnival – The Carnival in Rio is considered the best in the world and you should check it out. If you are looking for something edgier and crazier though and less coreographed, try the Salvador de Bahia Carnival, the best street party in the world.
2. Copacabana and Ipanema beaches – These two are possibly the most well known beaches in the world. They attract millions of tourists every year. And are packed of beautiful people, surfing, flirting and generally wearing very little.
3. More Women then Men – The ratio of women to men are higher then in most other countries in the world. Especially in Rio, where it is believed there are 100 women for every 86 men.
4. Median age in the late 20s – Brazil is one of the countries in the world with the highest percentage of younger people. 29 years is the median age in Brazil vs 37 in the USA, 41 in France, 42 in Italy and 44 in Germany.
5. Brazilians are fun to be with – Most Brazilians are very fun and know how to have a good time. In their culture it’s all about the carnival and having a good time, dancing and just living life to the fullest
6. Brazilian thongs – Women love to wear incredibly skimpy and sexy outfits, especially on the beach, like the world famous “Dental Floss” thongs, very popular and very sexy. You won’t find these in the US or Europe.
7. Great food – Brazilian food is very good. Try a ‘churrascaria’ while your down there, unlimited meat. You’ll taste the best chicken in the world in Brazil, no matter where you go or how it’s prepared. Try the ‘Frango Asado’, barbecue chicken with rice and fries.
8. Great weather all year round – The average weather in Brazil fluctuates around 70’s to 80’s degrees all year long.
9. The Maracana’ Stadium and Great soccer games – Brazil is the capital of soccer; kids play on the streets and in the many available fields, everywhere and every day. The Maracana’ is the most famous soccer stadium in Brazil. It’s located in Rio and the local clubs Flamengo and Botafogo play here.
10. Caipirinha and Capeta – Everybody knows Caipirinha and people enjoy it all over the world, but in the state of Bahia, one of the most popular drinks is the Capeta, the devil’s drink. Don’t drink too many, really.
1 shot vodka (2 oz) or better, cachaca
½ cup sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon guarana powder
1 teaspoon Nesquik chocolate or strawberry
1 cup iceCombine all ingredients in a blender. Mix well and serve.
Place the ice cubes after the liquid ingredients (with the blender running).